Device trust verification is a way to validate a device is registered with Banyan and has an appropriate trust score. In majority of cases, there is an automatic flip to the Banyan app for verification. In some cases, applications use older web views that block this flip.
This article explains how to complete Device Trust Verification manually via a challenge code.
Submitting a challenge code for Device Trust Verification
- Step 1: Copy Challenge Code
- Step 2: Submit Challenge Code
- (Optional) Step 3: Complete Passwordless via Challenge Code
Step 1: Copy Challenge Code
- Select 'Show Challenge Code' to reveal a code that needs to be copied/pasted into the Banyan app.
- Copy the challenge code
Step 2: Submit Challenge Code
- The code is pasted on a screen accessed by selecting the shield icon at the top right of the Banyan app
- Submit the challenge code
(Optional) Step 3: Complete Passwordless via Challenge Code
This step only occurs if your organization has enabled Banyan Passwordless authentication. We are working on an enhancement to remove the need for this step
- Complete the copy/paste of a new challenge code again for user authentication