TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Export the Banyan device certificate and root certificate from Chrome
- Import the Banyan certificates to Firefox
Linux users using Firefox browser might get a Device Verification Error while accessing the Banyan App.
Your browser did not present a valid Banyan device certificate. Please quit your browser and try again.
This happens because Firefox maintains its own certificate store. Linux does not have a certificate store unlike Windows or Mac OS, resulting in Firefox unable to access the certificates.
To resolve this issue, please follow the steps mentioned below:
Export the Banyan device certificate and root certificate from Chrome
1. Make Google Chrome your default browser.
2. Open and authenticate to Banyan.
3. Select the Banyan device certificate.
4. Export the device certificate to your computer by going to:
Settings Privacy and Security Security Advanced Manage Certificates.
a. On the 'Your certificates' tab, click on the Banyan device certificate and select export
b. Save the certificate to your desktop or preferred folder.
5. Export the Banyan root certificate to your computer by going to :
Settings Privacy and Security Security Advanced Manage Certificates Authorities.
a. Select the Banyan root CA for your Org
Note: Please take into account that the organization "gsuitetest" was used as an example.
b. The password will be requested for the device certificate, please enter the password and click on OK
Import the Banyan certificates to Firefox
6. Import both certificates to Firefox by going to:
Preferences Privacy & Security Certificates View Certificates
a. Import the device certificate: click on the 'Your Certificates' tab
b. Import root certificate: click on the 'Authorities' tab and enter a password that was requested by the device certificate earlier.
Note: Some Firefox dialogues related to certificate imports it will silently open in background make sure to switch it off to be able to continue.
c. For the root certificate, click on ‘Edit Trust’ and check ‘This certificate can identify websites’
7. Make Firefox your default browser.
8. Access an application using the Banyan App and select the device certificate on Firefox.