The Banyan macOS Desktop App allows you to register your macOS device so it can start accessing Banyan-secured Services.
The Banyan Desktop App can be installed on macOS 10.14 (Mojave) or later.
Before proceeding through the steps below, please ensure that you have administrative privileges on your macOS device in order to install the Banyan macOS Desktop App.
Install the Banyan macOS Desktop App
|NOTE: If your device is corporate-owned and managed (using a Device Manager), then these installation and registration steps may be preconfigured and omitted.|
To install the Banyan macOS Desktop App:
1. Run the Banyan PKG installer and click "Continue".
2. Click "Install" and enter your password if prompted for the installation of new software.
3. Click Register and enter your organization's Invitation Code. This Invitation Code is provided externally to Banyan by your Admin.
4. Authenticating with an IDP (such as Okta, G Suite, OneLogin, or other SAML IDP) launches a new browser window. The example below shows an organization using Okta SSO to authenticate its users.
5. Select the ownership type of the device you are registering.
6. You may be prompted for a password or Touch ID so your device can trust your organization's Root Certificate Authority (Root CA)
7. You are now registered and ready to access your company's Banyan protected services!
Post Installation and Registration
The first time you access a hosted web service or log in the Banyan App again, you’ll receive a prompt to select the applicable certificate to authenticate.
When prompted, enter your device password and then click Always Allow.
|NOTE: Once you have installed the Banyan macOS Desktop App, you can access it at any time via the Mac menu bar or by using Command+Shift+B.