This guide will show you how to hide the reserved partition from the BitLocker factor check from the Banyan Desktop App. Users may need to follow this guide when BitLocker disk encryption is enabled but the Banyan Trust Score Factor is failing.
The most common cause of this issue is devices coming with an OEM System Reserved partition on the drive which contains system boot files and recovery files. When Banyan does the device check for BitLocker, we look for all the drives to have disk encryption enabled. However, these partitions contain functionality that disk encryption can negatively impact.
- Windows 10+ with a System Reserved Drive
- Administrator Permissions
- Open Command Prompt by choosing "Run as administrator"
- On the new window which pops up for Command Prompt, type: diskpart
When you click enter, you may be prompted for administrator access. Allow access and a new prompt should appear.
- Now we want to see which storage volume your system reserved partition is on. To do so type the following on the new prompt which came up from step 2: list volume
Take note of the Volume number which has a system reserved label in the example here it is Volume 0. However, you will want to use the number you identify as the System Reserved Volume.
- Next, enter the following into the same prompt as step 3 to select the Volume number you found to be labeled as the System Reserved Volume: select volume=0
- Now that we have the correct volume selected, we want to add an attribute to hide the Volume. To do so enter this command: attributes volume set hidden
Once done, type: exit to close the DISKPART prompt.
- Finally, in the Command Prompt from Step 1, type: manage-bde -status
This is how we check to see if we have successfully hidden the volume, you should now only see the OS Volumes and not the Reserved Volume we hid.
Once successfully completed, the Banyan App will now show the Disk Encryption factor as passed. If you do not see this effect immediately, try refreshing the TrustScore by using the refresh button here:
- How Can I Diagnose Issues in the Banyan Desktop App?
- More Coming Soon